Skip to main content

Yahoo Kenner Blythe Group Is No More


As of December 15, 2020 all Yahoo Groups were deleted including Yahoo Kenner Blythe Group which I was a member of since the early 2000's.  At the time it was the only way that Blythe doll lovers could join in to send messages and share pictures.  It was a great group but then came Live Journal, then the forums came, then Facebook, then Tumblr and then Instagram.  

I was a member of the group even before I owned a Blythe doll.  I would post for advice and so many great people would share their tips and support.  I even found my first Blythe, a red head Kenner with bangs called Rose for a incredible price of $15 US.  I found her in the local online Pennysaver, a lady was selling her doll collection, and told me her price, so I sealed the deal!

My First Blythe Doll, My Rose, A Kenner Blythe Red Head, With Bangs

 I actually developed my own tips in my search for 1972 Kenner Blythe dolls and other Blythe dolls.

I won a Halloween Contest on the group and scored an original Takara Blythe Scooter.  It was a fabulous prize that was sent to me by one of the wonderful Admins of the group.  I remember opening it and it was full of sparkles which was a pain to clean up but memorable. lol

My winning Halloween Entry

My prized scooter I won from the Kenner Blythe Group with my Maria Kenner

We also had so many Blythe doll pictures that we posted in the photo section of the group but it's all gone now.  What a shame.  The group was not even active but I would go on every now and again to read some of the past messages and look at the photos.  

Not everything stays on the internet forever. :'(  Oh well at least Facebook and Instagram are still active.  It's not as personal as Yahoo Groups or Forums but at least it's something.

Thanks for reading!

Love,

AnnaBlytheDoll


 

    


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blythe Doll Care & Tips ( Stains & Storage )

There is so much information out there concerning Blythe doll tips and care that I thought that I would combine what I learned from my own experience over the years and all that I found out from researching the web into this single blog. Storage - When storing blythe dolls it seems that often there is a chemical reaction with plastics that causes melting. So when storing or traveling with your dolls, please be sure that the doll is not touching other plastic (stands, shoes - especially Rosebuds, dolls arms & legs, etc.). Plastic from the face has even melted when the legs of another doll has touched, so please do not store together or any other part touching will melt the doll if stored, it is ideal not to put the dolls together and keep separate. I wouldn't even store the doll contacting the dolls own arms and/or legs to the face. Some even wrap their dolls in a piece of cotton. Stains - Please be careful of denim, tights and black & red clothing. They are probl...

Products That Help Reduce or Eliminate Yellowing On 1972 Kenner Blythe Dolls And Link To Blythe411 Reduce The Frizz Tips.

On Blytheworld Facebook my facebook dolly friend, FiFi Latrixabel, posted she had won a yellowed blonde Kenner Blythe, her Lemon girl, and is attempting to bleach her dolly to have her go back to the original skin color face plate.  She is using Pearl Drops but there were other suggestions too.  I logged it on my Blythe411 Facebook group with permission from Fiona and another member that had some tips. Pearl Drops "Worth a try until I can get my stuff together for a major skin bleaching session." Fiona W.  Snipped from Fiona's post on BlytheWorld with her permission. Update pic of Fiona's lovely blonde kb!  I think the yellowing is fading with the pearl drops and the doll is looking very lovely!  I can't wait to see the after pictures :D "The formula is called RetroBrite. It removes yellowing from older plastics and returns them to their original color/state. Hope this works." Adrian D. L. Snipped from the following thread with permi...

Fun at IKEA With Blythe We Snagged A HUSET Furniture Set Too!

 I finally got a chance to go to IKEA last night in North York Toronto.  You know the place where the IKEA Monkey Darwin was found.  Anyways, I hit the toy section with my Sophia Rouge Noir EBL Blythe doll and had some fun! My husband did his usual oh you're going to do that now bit and took off lol  I hate when he leaves me alone because he's embarrassed over me taking dolly pictures.  He seems to forget that I'm a doll person that loves to take pics of her dolls in public every now and then.  Not trying to embarrass him on purpose or anything :)  So anyways I was loving all the new toys so much I decided to test them with my dolly.  I had a couple of kids run over and try to pick Sophia up but they backed off when I was like, "oh no, honey"  They were great about it and then left me alone.  Yes their parents were looking at me like I was missing something upstairs lol   Being creating and having fun is...