Sunday, February 14, 2021

Yahoo Kenner Blythe Group Is No More


As of December 15, 2020 all Yahoo Groups were deleted including Yahoo Kenner Blythe Group which I was a member of since the early 2000's.  At the time it was the only way that Blythe doll lovers could join in to send messages and share pictures.  It was a great group but then came Live Journal, then the forums came, then Facebook, then Tumblr and then Instagram.  

I was a member of the group even before I owned a Blythe doll.  I would post for advice and so many great people would share their tips and support.  I even found my first Blythe, a red head Kenner with bangs called Rose for a incredible price of $15 US.  I found her in the local online Pennysaver, a lady was selling her doll collection, and told me her price, so I sealed the deal!

My First Blythe Doll, My Rose, A Kenner Blythe Red Head, With Bangs

 I actually developed my own tips in my search for 1972 Kenner Blythe dolls and other Blythe dolls.

I won a Halloween Contest on the group and scored an original Takara Blythe Scooter.  It was a fabulous prize that was sent to me by one of the wonderful Admins of the group.  I remember opening it and it was full of sparkles which was a pain to clean up but memorable. lol

My winning Halloween Entry

My prized scooter I won from the Kenner Blythe Group with my Maria Kenner

We also had so many Blythe doll pictures that we posted in the photo section of the group but it's all gone now.  What a shame.  The group was not even active but I would go on every now and again to read some of the past messages and look at the photos.  

Not everything stays on the internet forever. :'(  Oh well at least Facebook and Instagram are still active.  It's not as personal as Yahoo Groups or Forums but at least it's something.

Thanks for reading!

Love,

AnnaBlytheDoll


 

    


No comments:

Post a Comment