Saturday, December 8, 2012

"Blythe Bible" From The Toy King, Jordan Hembrough! #toyhunter

 

 
I don't even know how to begin on this one!  I thought I knew pretty much everything about 1972 Kenner Blythe Dolls.  Well actually I did not!  Little did I know that there was a lot more that had been tucked away for decades until recently. 

I'm not sure if you guys remember me blogging about this amazing new show on Travel Channel called Toy Hunters?  Well soon after that I discovered Jordan on Facebook and started asking him about the show and if Kenner Blythes would be featured.  He was so awesome and answered me, it's all on this blog, so I continued to support him and his show.

Out of the blue he sends me a note this past summer stating that he had something for my Blythe collection?!!!  I was so very pleasantly surprised!!!  I had no idea that he would do that because what I did I did because I truly and greatly enjoyed the show.  I did not look for anything in return.  HOWEVER, it wasn't like I was gonna refuse it, you know what I'm sayin' ;)  He contacted me again and explained that what he had was a former Kenner employee's Kenner Blythe file copy.

"I am sending you the "blythe bible" that I got from a former Kenner employee. It is the file that belonged to the original inventor of Blythe.It contains all hand written notes and drawings, and tons of designs and cost sheets for non produced outfits. In addition, it has a list of all the names they considered as well."  Jordan Hembrough.  I was so floored!

At this point I have written Hasbro because without their permission I can not do a whole lot.  I was thinking of writing about it with lots of pictures, including as much information as possible and it would be appropriately titled "Blythe Bible".  I also would love it if CWC Hasbro would even consider producing the items that were never released.

I am hoping that I can go ahead with permission from Hasbro and share this information with you all in book form because I know that it would greatly improve our Blythe knowledge in the community for many more years to come!

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and all your support!

Love,
AnnaBlytheDoll xo


UPDATE:  I was contacted by Hasbro Legal this morning and the paralegal wanted me to send them my request directly to them so that they could "expedite" the process!!!  I will keep you all posted :D  Thanks so much to those that supported me in this matter (:

Update - Still no word back yet!  Hopefully there will be soon.  I asked if I could do up a nice blog instead but I did not get the go ahead.  I was thinking of going to a Blythe or Toy Event and displaying it there.

Update - Toy Hunter said that I could post it so I decided to go ahead and blog everything.

8 comments:

  1. Good luck to yo, Hope they will respond to you
    Blythe is a lovely doll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Lisdolls <3 I hope so too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome! I just sent Hasbro an e-mail :) Hope they get back to you soon about this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so mcuh MissBellatrix xoxox They did this morning!!! I will update this blog to reflect that. Boy they are super fast and professional over at Hasbro :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna, that is great news! So awesome :) Can't wait to see the update!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is! Thanks again MissBellatrix xoxo!! Me too :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any updates on this exciting project?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing yet Joy. I will certainly post here when I hear something. :)

    ReplyDelete