Tuesday, February 16, 2021

The Weird Ebay Finds Website Where I First Saw Blythe In 2000


Click on the picture for a larger view

Above is the very first Blythe Doll I ever saw and it was total love at first sight!  I just had to have one and so I read all about Bonnie Burton who started the Weird Ebay Finds site had a great collection of... well, weird things that she found on Ebay, including an auburn Kenner Blythe doll that she won for a mere $18!  She featured Blythe under her Creepy Dolls section on her website.  

I was on the hunt for vintage 1972 Kenner Blythe dolls so I first went to Ebay but the dolls were much more than $18!  Try $500 and up.  I had to find other ways to obtain the dolls.    

The first Blythe that I ever owned was an original KB red head with bangs!  I actually explained how I found the doll and for how much on my last blog entry.

Looks like I found out about the Yahoo Blythe Kenner Group because of Bonnie's site, it was over 20 years ago, so no wonder I forgot.  It's too bad that the group is no more.  Now a days everything is just pictures and sometimes a little blurb.  Nothing substantial if you ask me. 

The This is Blythe forum is gone too.  I joined right when it opened up but didn't really post there much at first.  I was still on the Yahoo Blythe group mostly and then LiveJournal. 

There is a This Is Blythe website in it's place but I heard it's a scam site so please be careful if you ever go on there and want to purchase something.  I would not  recommend it so please avoid it. 

Blythe Kingdom (formerly Plastic Paradise) is still around but it's so quiet on there now, not much traffic at all.  I check in every now and then but it's not like it was before.  

I hope you enjoyed my post!  

Love,

AnnaBlytheDoll xo

 



No comments:

Post a Comment