Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Found 3 Kenner Blythes Today But For A Lot $$! Passed! Not Like Early to Mid 2000s IMO. & How I Found My KBs Too!

There is nothing like finding a kenner off the bay for a good deal but it sucks when you do but the price is even more than what they usually go for on the bay! I found 3 today but the lady wanted $750 CND for a really played with blonde one that had melt marks on the side of the face? She also had 2 brunettes and wanted even more? She wanted $850 CND each! She said both the dolls hairs are super frizzy and it needed to be smoothed out first to check back in about 2 weeks. If the dolls are minty maybe she will get that or more but who knows? Some people will pay that just because it's so convenient to pick them up without the shipping hassle, custom fees and wait. Out of my budget so I will pass.
In the early 2000 I found my first KB for $15 US plus shipping thanks to a local online paper. I simply called a lady who placed an ad for dolls for sale and asked if she had a Kenner Blythe doll and she said yes! She told me what she wanted me to pay, I did not argue and paid right away. She sent me a red head doll with chunky bangs that needed TLC but the transformation was incredible. Then I placed an ad searching for a 1972 Kenner Blythe doll, found another red head side part without legs in original green dress for $10 US plus shipping. I found 2 more in my area that way for $300 US for both, a dark brunette wispy bangs and a red head with bangs . Then I found another one for $250 US in 2004 a dark brunette with a medium length bob. I had no blondes so I sold one of my 3 red heads for one. I have had the same kenner blythe collection since February 2005.
I have been very lucky to find my vintage blythe dolls for great to fair prices for my very own collection. I am no dealer so if someone sells me a kb for a great deal I won't question it. I am always in the market for adorable and affordable dolls. Now maybe you can still even probably find a good deal online for blythe dolls too. I have and also for my other blythe reproductions, fakes and accessories too. It's all a matter of looking I think. I love the hunt so just looking sometimes increases your odds I believe.

Hugs,
Annablythedoll xo
 


2 comments:

  1. I got two Littest PetShop Blythe dolls. Are the worth anything? I love them...they are mini's. NIB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bostoncharm, I checked the going rates on eBay and it looks like they are not going for much. You can always check to see what the average sale prices are for anything at the time by doing an advanced search on eBay. Sometimes you have to check several things to find something going for good money. When I search for Blythe dolls at thrift shops, garage sales, estate sales, etc. I never find them but I have found neat things that I have sold for dolls instead. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete