Monday, September 15, 2014

$5 Kenner Blythe Found At Estate Sale Recently!

Member of 100% Stock - Blythe Dolls & Adoptions Facebook Group posted yesterday that she had found that gorgeous red head original vintage 1972 kenner blythe doll for... $5 BUCKS!!! Yay for her!! She also posted that she will be selling the doll too.
It seems that most people that find them end up selling them for way more than what they found them for. I remember telling one of my best friends about the doll and they actually had one they found at a thrift shop. Not surprising that they listed them less than a week later and won enough for a new patio table set. It really amazes me when people do that because they are probably unable to see all the beauty in these plastic little cuties, I guess? Oh well at least another kenner will be on the market soon! Thanks to those lucky people who don't really care for Blythe dolls like we do I was able to buy my lovely dolls from them!! I have to start hitting the estate sales and dolly shows again. I remember going to one in 2002 and there was an entire room filled with dolls from floor to ceiling. They had almost every sort of doll you could imagine too! Well... except for Blythe dolls. Maybe one day? I hope so! I just remembered that an actual blythe doll collector found a vintage recently in Nova Scotia for 50 CENTS! It was a real minty blushy red head too.  UPDATE *** Nov 24/2014 the other week another member found a dark brunette kenner and other items at an estate sale for a total of $20 US.  It's nice to see that you can still find them for amazing prices and if you feel that you could not buy them for that low pull a Jordan, as in Toy Hunter, and tell the seller what they are worth because you can always pay what you and the seller feel is fair. If you go for the amazing deal sometimes it's best to keep that info to yourself if you are keeping the doll imo because a few people in the dolly community frown down on that sort of thing and even will talk crap too unfortunately. Same with fakes and customs? Anyways, I am definitely not one of those people. I am the to each their own type unless you are a crook or a cyber bully troll.

Hugs,
Annablythedoll xo



2 comments:

  1. I am the lucky Nova Scotian who found the Kenner for 50cents. thank you for mentioning my find! I am still in shock that I found her. I go into the thrift store frequently, never ever expecting to find a kenner, but I did!! I was the most amazing day. I am definately keeping her!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very welcome and Congratulations, Jenny! What a marvelous find!!! I am so very happy for you :D Best! xo

      Delete