Monday, November 24, 2014

Facebook Doll Box Group Just Started! Already So Much Fun & Lovely Display Pics Posted Too!!

I just joined a new Facebook Doll Box group that has definitely got my interest.  I was discovering miniatures and dioramas this year personally so it wasn't very hard.  I am still learning, collecting and developing my skills and displays.

So far I have IKEA to thank for a great set up with their fab shelving and dolly furniture that I purchased and wrote about on this blog earlier this year.  No.  I don't work there but they do deserve some props because a lot of wonderful doll and/or toy collections, and other wonderful things, adorn their terrific and affordable display cases and shelving!

So last week the admin posted our first challenge.  To create a diorama out of a cigar box.  I was apprehensive but I have always tried to take part in Blythe doll challenges, trades, competitions and other fun things too so I decided to brainstorm.  My husband did have a couple cigar boxes and he was cool to let me use them.


I also felt that a Middie Blythe or a Petite Blythe sized doll or dolls would be best to use because I had never really made my own diorama from scratch before and I thought it would be a nice way to start.  The theme for the challenge was Christmas so I continued thinking and remembered I had a winter Blythe petite that would be perfect and then I also added another petite and wrapped her with a scarf.  I grabbed some cotton balls, some trim from some of my bushes that resembled miniature pine trees.  Then some black electrical tape, clear white tape and white paper then I was ready to go!



I think that this was such a cute way to start the wonderful Christmas season!  I also put up my Christmas tree and wreath last week.  I really enjoy this time of year, especially when I watch some of my favorite movies like The Nightmare Before Christmas, Christmas With The Kranks, Bad Santa, Home Alone 1&2 and a bunch of others.

Well that's it for now.  Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and I hope you liked it.  I probably will be blogging some more soon but if not have a very Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays.  All the best to you and yours this wonderful festive season and I hope your new year is fab and bright!

Hugs,

Annablythedoll xo


No comments:

Post a Comment