Skip to main content

Bella Enjoying A Beautiful Fall Day In A Stunning AZ Hippiechick Etsy Hat, A Knit Vest I made & Vintage Skipper Jeans!

Yesterday I received two gorgeous hats from Vickie of  AZ Hippiechick Etsy Shop.  It was also a very lovely day here too because it was above seasonal so I took advantage of the new hat, weather and decided to hold a photo shoot.  


Bella is my last Kenner Blythe I purchased in 2005 from an online auction.  I also won those vintage Skipper jeans off the bay and matched it with a hand knit hat lovely vest I made in early 2000, as well!


I have made about half dozen coats in felt but none in that lovely green color or bright vibrant yellow or orange.  Maybe I should start making some soon!  I also love the idea of big cream sweaters or maybe a scarf to go with the coat?  I need to make some time and whip some up.


Bella's hair is so silky and smooth.  At the right side I should give her a treatment because it's a tiny bit uneven but that is the standard with uncut kenners.  I am not sure why they were produced with uneven hair but I am not going to cut it.  I don't even like brushing their hair too much because it might pull some out.  I usually just primp and pamper my dolly's hair with my fingers.  It doesn't pull anything out or stretch the hair fabric either.  

The maple leaves are so gorgeous and abundant in my back yard right now.  I almost hate asking my husband to clean them up.  It's just so bright and beautiful right now! 

Well that's it for now!  I hope you all enjoyed my new set of pictures and I hope that you too are having a wonderful fall season thus far!

Hugs!
Annablythedoll xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blythe Doll Care & Tips ( Stains & Storage )

There is so much information out there concerning Blythe doll tips and care that I thought that I would combine what I learned from my own experience over the years and all that I found out from researching the web into this single blog. Storage - When storing blythe dolls it seems that often there is a chemical reaction with plastics that causes melting. So when storing or traveling with your dolls, please be sure that the doll is not touching other plastic (stands, shoes - especially Rosebuds, dolls arms & legs, etc.). Plastic from the face has even melted when the legs of another doll has touched, so please do not store together or any other part touching will melt the doll if stored, it is ideal not to put the dolls together and keep separate. I wouldn't even store the doll contacting the dolls own arms and/or legs to the face. Some even wrap their dolls in a piece of cotton. Stains - Please be careful of denim, tights and black & red clothing. They are probl...

Products That Help Reduce or Eliminate Yellowing On 1972 Kenner Blythe Dolls And Link To Blythe411 Reduce The Frizz Tips.

On Blytheworld Facebook my facebook dolly friend, FiFi Latrixabel, posted she had won a yellowed blonde Kenner Blythe, her Lemon girl, and is attempting to bleach her dolly to have her go back to the original skin color face plate.  She is using Pearl Drops but there were other suggestions too.  I logged it on my Blythe411 Facebook group with permission from Fiona and another member that had some tips. Pearl Drops "Worth a try until I can get my stuff together for a major skin bleaching session." Fiona W.  Snipped from Fiona's post on BlytheWorld with her permission. Update pic of Fiona's lovely blonde kb!  I think the yellowing is fading with the pearl drops and the doll is looking very lovely!  I can't wait to see the after pictures :D "The formula is called RetroBrite. It removes yellowing from older plastics and returns them to their original color/state. Hope this works." Adrian D. L. Snipped from the following thread with permi...

Fun at IKEA With Blythe We Snagged A HUSET Furniture Set Too!

 I finally got a chance to go to IKEA last night in North York Toronto.  You know the place where the IKEA Monkey Darwin was found.  Anyways, I hit the toy section with my Sophia Rouge Noir EBL Blythe doll and had some fun! My husband did his usual oh you're going to do that now bit and took off lol  I hate when he leaves me alone because he's embarrassed over me taking dolly pictures.  He seems to forget that I'm a doll person that loves to take pics of her dolls in public every now and then.  Not trying to embarrass him on purpose or anything :)  So anyways I was loving all the new toys so much I decided to test them with my dolly.  I had a couple of kids run over and try to pick Sophia up but they backed off when I was like, "oh no, honey"  They were great about it and then left me alone.  Yes their parents were looking at me like I was missing something upstairs lol   Being creating and having fun is...