Skip to main content

Tis The Season For Possible Kenner Blythe Deals


The festive season is approaching us and I just wanted to take this opportunity and blog about something that I think might be worth keeping an eye on this holiday. I remember past discussions by dolly enthusiasts on some Blythe doll forums regarding the best time to find deals on 1972 Kenner Blythe dolls and other Blythe items. We would actually discuss a number of other Blythe topics in great detail, as well. Anyways back to the topic at hand, what time is a good time to find great deals on 1972 Blythes, we determined that the best time was during the Christmas holiday season. Why? well that's when most people are often buying gifts for others or people are too busy enjoying the holidays so often the vintage Blythe doll auctions usually go ignored by a lot more people! I took a look this morning v and discovered a lot of overpriced buy it now auctions but there were still 1972 Kenner Blythe auctions that started at lower prices. Anyways it wouldn't hurt to keep your eye open for that perfect holiday deal! I always buy the most perfect gifts for myself anyways so why shouldn't you :D haha! If you really have your heart set on a Blythe doll this year why not ask for cold hard cash this season. Also don't get discouraged with those really high buy it now auctions! You could always ask the seller to lower the price, the worse thing they could say is no. You could also start selling stuff you don't want or the other neat stuff you picked up on your search for Blythe dolls, that is not on the recall list, to sell on Craigslist, Kajiji, etc..Well I hope you find this information handy and I would love to know if you do actually find a good deal if you buy a 72 Blythe doll :D Best of luck!

Love,

AnnaBlytheDoll xo


**Great news! A member of my old Facebook group just posted that she won a kenner days ago "with a low bid"! She also mentioned a great point, more people are be selling kenner blythe dolls, probably for some cash for Christmas gifts. More dolls for sale usually means less competition for bidders and at lower prices too. It's economics 101 the law of supply and demand.... I studied that in college :D Anyways, it's great to see that the Kenner Blythe Christmas Theory may actually work! It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blythe Doll Care & Tips ( Stains & Storage )

There is so much information out there concerning Blythe doll tips and care that I thought that I would combine what I learned from my own experience over the years and all that I found out from researching the web into this single blog. Storage - When storing blythe dolls it seems that often there is a chemical reaction with plastics that causes melting. So when storing or traveling with your dolls, please be sure that the doll is not touching other plastic (stands, shoes - especially Rosebuds, dolls arms & legs, etc.). Plastic from the face has even melted when the legs of another doll has touched, so please do not store together or any other part touching will melt the doll if stored, it is ideal not to put the dolls together and keep separate. I wouldn't even store the doll contacting the dolls own arms and/or legs to the face. Some even wrap their dolls in a piece of cotton. Stains - Please be careful of denim, tights and black & red clothing. They are probl...

Products That Help Reduce or Eliminate Yellowing On 1972 Kenner Blythe Dolls And Link To Blythe411 Reduce The Frizz Tips.

On Blytheworld Facebook my facebook dolly friend, FiFi Latrixabel, posted she had won a yellowed blonde Kenner Blythe, her Lemon girl, and is attempting to bleach her dolly to have her go back to the original skin color face plate.  She is using Pearl Drops but there were other suggestions too.  I logged it on my Blythe411 Facebook group with permission from Fiona and another member that had some tips. Pearl Drops "Worth a try until I can get my stuff together for a major skin bleaching session." Fiona W.  Snipped from Fiona's post on BlytheWorld with her permission. Update pic of Fiona's lovely blonde kb!  I think the yellowing is fading with the pearl drops and the doll is looking very lovely!  I can't wait to see the after pictures :D "The formula is called RetroBrite. It removes yellowing from older plastics and returns them to their original color/state. Hope this works." Adrian D. L. Snipped from the following thread with permi...

Fun at IKEA With Blythe We Snagged A HUSET Furniture Set Too!

 I finally got a chance to go to IKEA last night in North York Toronto.  You know the place where the IKEA Monkey Darwin was found.  Anyways, I hit the toy section with my Sophia Rouge Noir EBL Blythe doll and had some fun! My husband did his usual oh you're going to do that now bit and took off lol  I hate when he leaves me alone because he's embarrassed over me taking dolly pictures.  He seems to forget that I'm a doll person that loves to take pics of her dolls in public every now and then.  Not trying to embarrass him on purpose or anything :)  So anyways I was loving all the new toys so much I decided to test them with my dolly.  I had a couple of kids run over and try to pick Sophia up but they backed off when I was like, "oh no, honey"  They were great about it and then left me alone.  Yes their parents were looking at me like I was missing something upstairs lol   Being creating and having fun is...