Friday, August 26, 2022

On My Journey From Twentyfive Neo Sized Blythe Dolls To One

My completed Blythe Doll Collection
I've been collecting Blythe dolls since 2001 and my first Blythe doll was a 1972 Kenner Blythe doll that I found for $15 US thanks to a Pennysaver ad.  

My first Full Sized Blythe doll a 1972 Kenner Blythe

I went on to amass over 25 full sized Blythe dolls but I sold a few along the way.  Now I am determined to sell off all but one of my dolls.  You see my beloved dog passed away in February 2022 and I was truly heartbroken.  I all of a sudden had to declutter to get my mind off of it.  I began selling things I didn't use or need anymore online and then I decided to start saving for another puppy.  I even sold off my Playstation one with my favorite Crash Bandicoot games for $250 Canadian!!  I hadn't played it in years and it was just sitting there.  

 I felt that all those things were a burden and if I wanted to travel the world someday then I had better start now anyways.  I felt great doing it... lighter and more free.  I decided why stop there why not sell all my cute dolls too!  I never take pictures or make clothes for them them anymore so why not sell them too.

I sold my first neo blythe doll last week!  It was a rare Ashton Drake Blythe doll Medieval Mood for $500 Canadian plus shipping on eBay.  Ebay and Paypal took a cut so it ended up being around $430 Canadian when all was said and done.  I wasn't even sad and I just want the doll in the buyers hands asap.  I hate dolly mail!  It's so frustrating!  Fortunately it arrived in their country and is on it's way to them now. 
 

The first of my full sized Blythe Dolls I sold!
    
               


Prior to my selling the doll I gave my niece two of my fake Blythe dolls because she started collecting them.  I also made her some cute clothes for them too. I am going to list another doll shortly, decided to take my time and sell one dolly at a time because am in no rush and not desperate. I have them listed high with the offer turned on because it's better than having them sit and sit and sit. I determine that high number on how much I paid for the doll and how much I think that they might be worth but it's the market that always prevails. 

It's hard to put a price on a Blythe doll now a days because it's all aftermarket. I do search eBay using the advanced search under the solds. That sometimes gives me a good idea but the Ashton Drake Medieval Doll mint in box had no solds up. I knew that it was limited and rare so I started really high hoping that others would agree but it sat and sat so I decided to add the offer feature for no additional cost and it worked. Listing on eBay Canada is free for me too as long as you don't go over the monthly listing amount. I tried selling on Facebook MarketPlace that charges no fees but no luck. 

I decided to keep my SBL Blythe Doll LL for Lounging Lovely who some have said is my mini me!  I call her Veronica and she's my absolute favorite.  I will not be selling that dolly ever. 


 

Anyways, I will keep you all posted! 

Hugs, 

Annablythedoll xo

No comments:

Post a Comment